- Saints look pathetic against Tampa Bay (3-13) and back into the franchise's first ever no. 1 NFC playoff seed.
- Vikings fail to capitalize on the Saints sudden ineptness on offense by losing two straight road games, including the Monday night loss in frigid Chicago. Despite all that time and exposure to cold weather in Green Bay, Brett Favre is now is 0-8 in his last 8 road games where the temperature at the kickoff was 37 degrees or lower. He's thrown 5 TDs (2 on Monday) to 13 INTs in those games. Minnesota is now 4-4 on the road this season.
- Colts blow a shot at perfection to protect the health of their starters. Peyton Manning's backup Curtis Painter had a QB rating of 11.2. He also lost a fumble. This was his first action of the season and it showed. If you want to really rest the starters, just forfeit the game, don't play the game at all if you don't want to do it right. Isn't that right Herm Edwards?
- The San Diego Chargers have won 10 straight games and are the hottest team in the NFL--try realizing that fact when all the attention has gone to the pursuit and failure of the Colts and Saints to stay undefeated. The Chargers and Colts have not played each other this year.
- The Bengals won the AFC North. Chad Ochocino caught the game winning TD with about 2 minutes to go. They will be in their first playoff action since 2005 when they last won the AFC North.
- The Patriots are in the playoffs again (obviously, not the surprise) after winning the AFC East Sunday against the Jaguars. People seemed to forget how good this team can be after their loss to Miami which dropped the Pats to 7-5. Tom Brady gave everyone another taste in Sundays' game: 23/26, 267 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs. The Patriots also ran for almost 200 yards and had a 35-0 lead until early in the 4th quarter. Even Randy Moss, whose work ethic has been challenged lately, was highly efficient: 4 catches, 3 TDs. The Patriots have won 3 straight now. They have been awful on the road (2-5), but got their second road win last week during this win streak.
That's it for the roundup this week.